Friday, December 21, 2012

DirecTV Power Email

I just received the email below from DirecTV. The subject line on the email is "Evil Goes Global".
I think that, in light of the Newtown, CT massacre, the taste and timing that DirecTV has shown here is atrocious. If you feel the same way, please send an email to DirecTV expressing your feelings and please let me know.  You can express your feelings directly to them at this url location.

I will seriously consider taking my business away from them.
Please note that I have altered the email image so that the image will fit on this blog. I have also removed all the small print and ordering information.

I am posting their response to my email to them below their original email. I think it is clear from their response that if they receive enough negative feedback that they might actually do something about this. Now is the time to accomplish a change in the policies of a company that makes important decisions on the type and quality of entertainment we, the consumers, get exposed to. Make your voice heard.

**************************************************************
To:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: DIRECTV
Date: December 21, 2012
Subject:  EVIL GOES GLOBAL



Resident Evil: Retribution movie poster


****************************************************************
December 21, 2012


Thank you for writing to provide feedback about the email that you received.

DIRECTV is committed in providing a variety of programming to our millions of customers and we certainly did not mean to offend you or imply negativity with the advertisement. We appreciate you taking the time to write share to us your insights. I have forwarded your email to the DIRECTV Management for review. Your feedback provides us with essential information when reviewing our procedures for development as we want to remain America's #1 satellite provider.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

Sincerely,

Marie Ann R. 
DIRECTV Customer Service
 

No comments:

Post a Comment