|From:||Online Banking Support|
|Subject:||Our Chase Online Service Agreement and Bill Payment & Transfers Agreements will change on February 17, 2013|
Now, there are two problems here. First, there is no personal information here so why send it with an email saying there is a secure message. Why not sent an email with this information?
Next, the contents here is vague and you cannot tell what they are trying to do. What's more, you cannot see the new agreement until such time as the new agreement goes into effect. So, I wrote to Chase to get a copy of the new agreement.
I received a secure message indicating substantial changes to the terms of the on-line service effective Feb 17, 2013. The message contained very vague statements. It also said that the exact terms and conditions would not be made available until Feb. 17, 2013. I need time to review those terms before that date so that I may make an intelligent decision as to whether I want to continue under those terms after that date and it will take me a considerable effort to change banks should I choose to do so. Please provide me with the complete text of that soon to be applicable agreement now so that I may review it.
Next, I got a secure response, but this time they did not send me an email to say that they had responded. I found it a week later.
We apologize for the inconvenience you recently
experienced. We value you as a customer and want your
Chase experience to be easy and satisfying as possible.
As of this time, we are unable to send you a copy of the
complete text. We will be sending you a follow up e-mail
once we have the information available.
If you have any questions or require further assistance,
please e-mail us via the Secure Message Center or contact
our Internet Service Center at 1-877-242-7372.
Internet Service Center
So, I responded
This is the closest thing to a non answer answer that I have ever seen. I will start preparing to remove my accounts from your bank. This is ridiculous. You ttreat your customers like dirt.
Upon completion of composing the message I got a message from the Chase.com online system saying that they could not process my "Secure Email" that I would have to try again later.
This must be a total joke.
I have had more problems with the secure message server, so I have lodged a formal complaint at chase. In summary, these are the problems:
1. I received an email indicating there was a secure email for me that was a subject matter that did not require secure mail.
2. I could not get into the secure mail inbox even though I logged onto the chase.com on line banking service
3. When I did get on to the service, I discovered a vague message about a change that might affect me on Feb. 17, but there were no details.
4. I requested the changed terms and was told that I could not get those until they become effective (i.e., no review period)
5. The notification indicating that secure message with the response was not emailed to me as previously indicated that it would be.
6. The response was a non response.
7. The secure message server would not process my response to Chase in two different ways:
a. It indicated that the server was not available, when clearly my response was sent and responded.
b. It would not take the required information that I had to put in indicating the operating system and browser that I use.
I have now spoken to a Kevin Arnold at Chase who has taken down all this information and says that he will get me the information I need.
Dear Mr. Arnold,
I have now received another statement of policy change from Chase. I have started another post on that one. You may see that by clicking here.