Wednesday, July 10, 2013

CVS Needs to Get their Act Together

I went to the local CVS to get some aspirin.  I bought some aspirin that was on sale and also some gum that was also on sale  -- 2 for $2.50. I went to the cash register to check out and the clerk rang up the items while I looked at the small screen as the items passed by.  First, the aspirin rang at full price.  I commented that I did not get the sale price.  The attendant asked if I had a CVS card.  I gave her the card and it showed the discount. Then she rang up the gum and it did not show the discount.  She voided the entire transaction and started over.  She asked for the total amount due. The small screen still showed the price of the gum undiscounted.  She looked carefully at her screen and said that I was getting the discounted price.  I showed her in the screen that the amount was not discounted.  In a matter of fact voice she said that sometimes the small screen does not show the same price as the screen she is looking at. Come again? What planet is the software designer who designed that system coming from?
I think that the most galling thing was the way she expected me to swallow that one as being a reasonable thing for a cash register to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment